Saturday, March 14, 2015

Research Simulation

Early Childhood Research

All early childhood professionals are researchers, we continually research and investigate what children are learning and how to add the the environment to aid in their learning. It takes time and practice to become a proficient researcher. Over the next several weeks I will be conducting a research simulation on working with young children who have challenging behaviors, specifically how the education level of a teacher impacts how young children develop self-regulation and the emotional language to work through challenging behaviors.

Image result for preschool aggressionIn my role as early education director I receive calls almost daily from parent who have children who have been asked to leave another preschool due to behavior problems. This increase is of interest to me as I plan and lead staff development workshops on how to support these children and their families.

As with most things assistance and support is key to success so in order for me to have a successful simulation I need and ask for support from my colleagues not only through literature, but from stories of challenging behaviors in different early childhood settings.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammie,

    I find it very interesting that you are researching about working with young children who have challenging behaviors. I work in a district that is in a community that serves very low-income families and there are a lot of challenging behaviors that are present daily. I agree that assistance and support is key to help improve behaviors, but I have also encountered parents who will not sign paperwork to approve any services for their children. I am interested in reading your post in weeks to come. Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete