Saturday, July 2, 2016

Long Term Planning


I have become accustomed to receiving phone calls from parents of three and four-year-old children that have been asked to leave a preschool program for challenging or aggressive behaviors. This week though my heart broke when I received a call from a parent of a two-year old that was unsure what to do, because his child was asked to leave a program because she had a speech and language delay. The parent felt the preschool program only wanted perfect children, and no parent or child can live up to unrealistic and developmentally inappropriate expectations. 

This has led me to really look at providing comprehensive services to children, families, and teachers outside of my own program to support children in their current placements.  

No comments:

Post a Comment