Saturday, November 1, 2014

Global Perspectives and expanding resources

It is important as an early childhood professional to make connections and become advocates for children around the world, and to reach out and create a global network. This week I reached out to a few resources for global connections with no reply. Still wanting to be as informed about what is happening in early childhood education around the world I began looking into professional global organizations that support early childhood professionals around the world. As I searched for the podcasts of the World Forum Organization with no luck I came across Bonnie's Blog (http://www.worldforumfoundation.org/bonnie/) on their website. As I read her recent blog post I was struck again on the importance of  thinking about the and taking action for young children and early childhood professional around the world.

I have spent time looking for and expanding my resource library and have found that the Zero to Three website www.zerotothree.org is a very valuable resource for early childhood educators and one that while I have gone to to find specific resources or articles I have not fully immersed myself in it and can not yet easily navigate it, so I look forward to spending time learning more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment