Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Personal Childhood Web

In each of our lives we have people who support, nurture, love, and ultimately shape the people we become. As early childhood professionals it is important to reflect on who is in  or micro-system and how they influenced our values and beliefs so that we can enhance the lives of the children we work with.

My mom- My childhood was far from ideal, but my mom loved me unconditionally and allowed me to express myself how I needed to. My mom was a silent support system and was always there if and when I needed her.

My Siblings- I am the youngest of four and my sibling were often given the task of watching me and helping me accomplish whatever small task I needed to accomplish.

My mom's best friend- My mom's best friend was a preschool director and probably one of the most influential people in my life. I spent a lot of time interacting with and watching her, she wanted the best for me and my siblings and supported my mom in what she needed as a single parent.

This is just a small set of the many people in my life growing up whose daily interactions with me influenced my development and gave me a strong foundation in how I life my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment